M U S I C & D A N C E
T H E A T R E
- February 18-19, 25-26
- Hansel & Gretel. Children's opera at the Tompkins
Center Theatre, Cedar Crest College. Information: (610) 434-7811.
- February 18
- National Flavors. Allentown Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Hall,
Allentown. Information: (610) 432-6715.
- February 24-26
- Allentown College Dance Ensemble; Labuda Center, Allentown College, Center
Valley. Information: (610) 282-3192.
- March 10th 1995
- The Spin Doctors at Kutztown University's Keystone Arena. Tickets are $14 for
students and $22 for everyone else. Show starts at 8pm. Information: (610) 683-4089.
L I T E R A R Y
- February 15 - March 12
- The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds. PA Stage Company,
Allentown. Information: (610) 433-3394.
- February 22-26
- Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet). A comedy at the Center for the Arts,
Muhlenburg College, Allentown. Information: (610) 821-3333.
E X H I B I T S
- February 16
- Billie Scott Lindo. At the Open Space Gallery, 808
Hamilton Mall. 7:30pm. Information: (610) 432-3091.
- February 23
- President's Day Poetry Reading. The Viennese Pastries Cafe, 500 Main Street
Bethlehem. 7pm. Information: (610) 866-0112.
- Open Mike Poetry. Every Tuesday night, Hill of Beans, 520 March St., Easton.
Information: (610) 515-1616.
- Open Poetry Readings. Every Wednesday night, Java Jack's Coffee Cafe.
9 W. 4th Street Bethlehem. 8pm. Information: (610) 954-9764.
- Live Poetry. Every Thursday night, 7:30pm at Seattle
Expresso, 722 Hamilton Mall.
- Now Through February 26
- North American Indian Paintings. These paintings by George
Catlin will be at the Payne Gallery, Moravian College, in
Bethlehem. An opening reception will be held 7:30-9pm on Jan.
26. Information: (610) 861-1667.
- Now Through April 2
- Leslie Fletcher will be showing his three-dimensional,
constructed paintings at the Allentown Art Museum. His works
are paintings, hung on walls, that could be considered
sculpture. Information: (610) 432-4333.
- Now Through April 2
- Pennsylvania Photographers 9 will be presented by The Allentown Art Museum.
Twenty eight photographers "who live or work in Pennsylvania" were selected for
this year's exhibit from over 150 entries. Information: (610) 432-4333.
- Now Through April 15
- On a Misson: Moravian Missionaries Among the Native Americans is presented
by the Moravian Museum of Bethlehem. The exhibit is a chronology of Moravian
missions among the Native American people, spanning more than 50 years.
Information: (610) 867-0173.