This is the only place in the whole server where the Oasis staff tells it like it is, so
here it goes: We like Netscape Communication's
Netscape Navigator better. Yes, there are others, but Mozilla stomps them.
How we make skew happen:
- Editor & Creative Director: Anabella
Wewer "There's no problem that 200 MB of RAM can't fix"
- Managing Editor: Scott Snyder He's given up on saying please and just was last seen writing with crayons on napkins.
- Production Manager: Craig Constantine, bends compilers to his will.
- Staff Writers: Jesse Garon,
John Hall (Starting the Rob McCool fan club, NOT!),
Eric "I need a faster Mac" Schmoyer,
- Designed using Apple Macintosh and Silicon Graphics Indy
computers, a UMAX Vista scanner, a new DAT that gives us warm fuzzy feelings, a Wacom ArtZ tablet, a Syquest drive or two, a Braun coffee maker, and flying disks. (The M.O. died, may it rest in peace.)
- Digital Equipment Corporation's AXP 3000-300LX running NSCA's httpd 1.4.us (yes, this is our own version; we can't resist re-writing just about anything that comes our way.)
- Fractal Design Painter, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia FreeHand, BBedit, GNU Emacs, Perl, PowerTalk, Claris Em@iler, Fetch,
Netscape Navigator 1.1N and 2.0b3, Shove-It! (we're not sure why though), and HoverBar.
- Pancakes, burgers, chili, and seafood Enchiladas, chocolate silk pie and coffee.
- Sound Effects:
- Sting, Yordano, the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack, Boingo, Satriani.
- "Mr. Server, our Perkins waiter; Magic Scent Crayons; Indy presenters; Marathon 2: Durandal.
- Legal stuff:
- All contents and the look and feel of skew are copyrighted
by Oasis Telecommunications, Inc., 1995.
skew is a registered trademark of Oasis
Telecommunications Inc. All artwork is protected both by Oasis
Telecommunications Inc. and the artists who created it (they
want more fonts and RAM).
- Contributions & Letters to the Editor:
- Unsolicited contributions to skew are welcome, but the
Editor doesn't guarantee they'll be published. All contributions
should be mailed to email@example.com,
and become property of skew. The Editor will determine on a
case by case basis whether the contribution is relevant to the
purpose of skew (yes, there is one), and whether it fits
its style. Letters to the editor are also welcome and subject to
editing for brevity, content and clarity.
- All advertising inquiries should be mailed to
or call (610) 439-8560.