This is the only place in the whole server where the Oasis staff tells it like it is, so
here it goes: We like Netscape Communication's
Netscape Navigator better. Yes, there are others, but Mozilla stomps them.
How we make skew happen:
- Editor & Creative Director: Anabella
Wewer She got a faster Mac this month.
- Managing Editor: Scott Snyder Who is
still trying to explain what a schedule is.
- Production Manager: Craig Constantine We'll
leave him alone this time around. He had to go to the store, after all...
- Staff Writers: Jesse Garon,
John Hall (he's baaaaaaaaack!),
Eric "What deadline?" Schmoyer
- Designed using Apple Macintosh Quadra, Powerbook, and really fast Power Macintosh
computers, a UMAX Vista scanner, a Fujitsu 3.5" MO Drive, a Wacom ArtZ tablet, a Syquest
drive, a Braun coffee maker, and flying disks.
- Digital Equipment Corporation's AXP 3000-300LX running NSCA's httpd 1.4.
- Fractal Design Painter, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia FreeHand, HSC's
KPT Vector Effects, BBedit, GNU Emacs, Perl, PowerTalk, Claris e-m@iler, Anarchie,
Transparency, Netscape Navigator 1.1N and some carefully dug up info on 2.0..
- Boston Chicken (yeah we know they changed the name but refuse to believe it),
chocolate, coffee, Chinese food (What do they call it in China?), potato chips
and three packs of M&M's.
- Sound Effects:
- U2, Boingo :-(, Counting Crows, Live, Erasure, Midnight Oil, Men without Hats and other
80's favorites from Sweden..
- Lumpus, Eastern Pennsylvania, the year 2000, newsgroups and search engines, and a
very fast Indy. Oh, yes, and Marathon, now on a projector screen.
- Legal stuff:
- All contents and the look and feel of skew are copyrighted
by Oasis Telecommunications, Inc., 1995.
skew is a registered trademark of Oasis
Telecommunications Inc. All artwork is protected both by Oasis
Telecommunications Inc. and the artists who created it (they
want more fonts and RAM).
- Contributions & Letters to the Editor:
- Unsolicited contributions to skew are welcome, but the
Editor doesn't guarantee they'll be published. All contributions
should be mailed to email@example.com,
and become property of skew. The Editor will determine on a
case by case basis whether the contribution is relevant to the
purpose of skew (yes, there is one), and whether it fits
its style. Letters to the editor are also welcome and subject to
editing for brevity, content and clarity.
- All advertising inquiries should be mailed to
or call (610) 439-8560.