M U S I C & D A N C E
T H E A T R E
- May 18-20
- American Ballroom Theater. It's a celebration of ballroom dancing
at the Annenberg Center in Philadelphia. You'll see everything from
mambo to jitterbug. Information: (215) 898-6791.
- May 19-21
- Spring Gulch Folk Festival. Held in New Holland, Lancaster
County, this festival is filled with three days of folk, food and fun.
There will be Trout Fishing in America, The Roches, Bill Miller, Zydeco
Hurricanes, square dancing, line dancing, plenty of camping space and
more! Information: (800) 255-5744.
- May 24
- New Performace Group. This muscially intrepid group from Seattle
will perform fresh compositions at the Painted Bride Art Center in
Philadelphia at 8 pm. (215) 925-9914.
- June 4
- Valley Vavaldi. The Pennsylvania Sinfonia delivers Vivaldi at the
Tompkins Center at Cedar Crest Collage. (610) 437-4471 ext. 438.
E X H I B I T S
- Now - May 20
- Bustin' Out All Over, presented by Touchstone Theatre, Bethlehem,
PA. A world premire play by Susan Chase on the topics of dieting,
body-image and obesity. Information: (610) 867-1689.
- Now - June 11
- Lust Circa 1661, at the Walnut Street Theatre, Philadelphia, PA.
A rollicking musical comedy, Lust re-creates the moral climate of
seventeeth century London. Information: (215) 925-6885.
- June 2-17
- Falsettos The Civic Little Theatre will produce William Finn's
musical comedy Falsettos through the first half of June. The curtain
rises at 8 p.m. for the following dates: June 2-3, 7-10, and 14-17; and
at 7 p.m. for performances June 4 and 11. The box office is open between
10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Saturday; and between 5:30 p.m. and
7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Information: (610) 432-8943.
- May 20-July 30
- John Cage: Rolywholyover A Circus. This is one of the last
compositions John Cage created before his death. It's an orchestration
of artworks into a dynamic work of art, as his computerized program
determines the periods of display and points of placement for 200 works
by more than 50 artists. Philadelphia Museum of Art. Information: (215)