This is the only place in the whole server where the Oasis staff tells it like it is, so
here it goes: We like Netscape Communication's
Netscape Navigator better. Yes, there are others, but Mozilla stomps them.
How we make skew happen:
- Editor & Creative Director: Anabella
Wewer Her faster Mac needs more RAM, but she has the only Mozilla T-Shirt in the office.
- Managing Editor: Scott Snyder He's even resorted to putting the schedule up on the fridge.
- Production Manager: Craig Constantine
- Staff Writers: Jesse Garon,
John Hall (He's baaaaack!),
Eric Schmoyer, Drew Feinberg.
- Designed using Apple Macintosh and Silicon Graphics Indy
computers, a UMAX Vista scanner, a Fujitsu 3.5" MO Drive, a Wacom ArtZ tablet, a Syquest
drive or two, a Braun coffee maker, and flying disks.
- Digital Equipment Corporation's AXP 3000-300LX running NSCA's httpd 1.4.
- Fractal Design Painter, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia FreeHand, HSC's
KPT Vector Effects, BBedit, GNU Emacs, Perl, PowerTalk, Claris Em@iler, Fetch,
Netscape Navigator 1.1N and 2.0b1 (we're not sure why though), and HoverBar.
- Fajita's, Margarita's, Pizza, Awesome Blossoms, chocolate, peanut butter, yogurt and bananas.
- Sound Effects:
- Paul Simon, Boingo, The Police, The Smiths, Gin Blossoms, and Depeche Mode.
- Abuse (the game), Possessed mice, office chair basketball, Town Square, paint blobs, and MTBF of various cool hardware things.
- Legal stuff:
- All contents and the look and feel of skew are copyrighted
by Oasis Telecommunications, Inc., 1995.
skew is a registered trademark of Oasis
Telecommunications Inc. All artwork is protected both by Oasis
Telecommunications Inc. and the artists who created it (they
want more fonts and RAM).
- Contributions & Letters to the Editor:
- Unsolicited contributions to skew are welcome, but the
Editor doesn't guarantee they'll be published. All contributions
should be mailed to email@example.com,
and become property of skew. The Editor will determine on a
case by case basis whether the contribution is relevant to the
purpose of skew (yes, there is one), and whether it fits
its style. Letters to the editor are also welcome and subject to
editing for brevity, content and clarity.
- All advertising inquiries should be mailed to
or call (610) 439-8560.